How to simplify the assembly, operation, and scaling of a database successfully, without investing too much time in managing it?
Radar Custom and Logistics is a leading customs agency in the market and with a presence in more than 10 customs offices throughout the country.
The group of customs agents that make up Radar have more than 50 years of experience in the customs field
Radar was born from the union of the 3 most important customs agents in the country, combining security, service and experience of more than 40 years. It facilitates and simplifies the administrative burden for clients by concentrating all the services they require for their business, first-class customer service, and the technological platform to respond effectively and in a timely manner to new requirements, and at the speed of changes in the International Trade.
By not having a database in high availability, and due to the fact that a large number of users have simultaneous connections to the base, there were slowdown and increased latency events, resulting in drops in it. Likewise, they required a disaster recovery scenario that was not in their own Data Center and that allowed an almost immediate recovery of the operation, looking for a flexible, high availability, easy-to-manage solution.
"6 years ago Radar established a strategy to be at the forefront of technological services and we chose AWS as our best option"
-Noel Rivera, IT Manager-
The proposal it included data processing services and relational repositories based on Amazon RDS, which will allow them to grow vertically; It also included the creation of backups for 30 days to cover the disaster recovery part, the databases are configured with high availability and backup automatically daily, with retention of 7 days, while being managed by Amazon Web Services.
Procedures were configured for turning off and on the machines, monitoring the infrastructure and network, storage to save files with different life cycles in their storage and their version control, a site-to-site connection to have a hybrid environment, the migration of its remaining applications, and user control, as well as its management of services.
By having the availability scheme Multi-AZ, The high availability of the databases is guaranteed, allowing to have a disaster recovery plan with backups (which are encrypted and protected in a storage repository in Amazon S3)
What AWS solutions were part of the solution?
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2): Host your web server applications, to have better performance, greater security through security groups
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3): Store backups or documents with different life cycles.
- Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS): Improvement in the part of the managed database services, the high availability part was enabled, automatic backup in the event of disasters, improvements in hard drives in reading and writing.
- Amazon CloudWatch: Control of the behavior of the instances and database, both in performance, as requests, etc.
- AWS Site-to-Site VPN: Connect your local applications with infrastructure in the cloud.
- Nat Gateway: Have a control of the updates of the servers that are in a private subnet.
- Data Transfer: Data transfer to and from your servers.
- AWS Identity and Access Management IAM: Allows users to access the AWS platform with the necessary permissions for each service
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC): Separate the AWS network into segments, to create public or private subnets.
- AWS Budgets: Budget notifications.
- AWS Systems Manager: Know what changes they are having within the server and if the changes that were made were correct.
- AWS Lambda: Serverless functions that make it easy to turn servers on and off.
- AWS Backup: Schedule backups to take place at a certain time and have a 30-day retention
- VPC Flow Logs: Know the incoming and outgoing connections that your network has
- Amazon Cognito: For the signing of federated users, from identity stores on the internet.
- Amazon API Gateway: Integration of REST APIs.
- Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS): Configuration of notifications type alarm, when some established threshold is exceeded.
- AWS CodeCommit: Source code control hosted in a repository
- Amazon Route 53: Domain registration of the solution.
- Amazon Polly: Text-to-speech conversion to facilitate courses.
Your best ally in this process of adoption and migration of hybrid models in IT infrastructure
Contact us in firstname.lastname@example.org
or 5581 141300
I want to be a success story!
At Myappsoftware we want you to be our next success story, taking you to a digital transformation as friendly as possible and giving you our best practice advice.
We want cloud adoption to be a good experience for your collaborators and that your clients only notice positive changes in your operations.
leave us your information here